Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Love is in the Air

Today is my two year wedding anniversary! We're keepig it simple this year due to lack of extra spending money, while still keeping it special.  This morning I got up and made heart-shaped cinnamon rolls (GASP!), an idea I got off pinterest AGES ago. Yea, I know it's not that healthy, but when it comes to holidays (& I'm not talking President's Day... and I realize to some of you this may be super important....it's not to me) I am much more lenient with my diet.  I don't think it's okay to binge on a holiday, but it's okay to try some special foods you may not normally eat. Moderation, moderation, moderation...
Anyways, I started off the day with surprising hubby with heart-shaped cinnamon rolls and he surprised me with a homemade card (AWE)!  We have plans for a picnic today on Lake Michigan as well, and I'm pretty excited about it.  The weather is gorgeous, people!



What is your philosophy when it comes to healthy living and holidays?

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are more lenient on holidays. I am not the type of person that can have one bite of something and be satisfied; once I have a bite, I want more. I am trying to strengthen my will power so right now, I'm avoiding the not-so-good-for-you foods at holiday parties.

    Love the cinnamon rolls! super cute idea!

    Caitlin
    caitlinlivingston.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand where you are coming from, and I hope my decision to eat yummy foods in moderation doesn't come back to kick me in the butt! I don't expect to have a good weigh-in Friday because this week is full of holidays. Argh!

      Delete